[ale] Simple menuing programs

Steven A. DuChene sad at sduchene.mindspring.com
Mon Mar 18 23:12:08 EST 1996

David Hamm writes:
> I need a simple menuing program.  You know, the kind where you present a =
> menu and then run a shell script based on a menu selection.  I don't =
> need anything fancy,  I'm writing a business type bbs and all I want to =
> do is let the users send, recieve and email.  I could write one but in C =
> but I'd get more satisfaction out of using someone else's.

	What about the dialog program that is included with the Slackware
	distributions? The best example of it's use is the Slackware setup
	& install programs. The man page for it is quite good and I am sure
	there is probably other documentation around.

--
Steven A. DuChene       Linux Weenie!    http://www.ysu.edu/~sduchene

Those who are mentally and emotionally healthy are those who have
learned when to say yes, when to say no and when to say whoopee.
                -- W.S. Krabill