[ale] ISDN???

MYERS ufpsprod!gmyers at atlml1.attmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:01:30 EST 1996

} >As for 128K, the way ISDN works it takes 'two telephone
} >calls' to get a 128K connection, then the two B channels
} >are 'bonded'.  Well my understanding of the problems with
} >this are #1) most of the existing bonding protocols are
} >currently not compatiable and #2) both calls going thru
} >the hunt group have to wind up on the same physical ISDN
} >terminal server so they can be bonded.
} >Marc Torres
}
} Well, since we are routing OOB data, let me put in my 2 cents.
} Windows NT 4.0 (now awaiting beta 2, shipping in June) will
} support the "ganging" of communications devices. This will,
} for example, allow one to join two modems or two ISDN devices
} together to effectively create a doubled throughput channel.
} A vaporware claim suggests it may even be possible to gang
} dissimilar devices (e.g. analog modem + ISDN) also.
}
} By the way, since the latest Microsoft reorg, the NT and 95
} groups have been merged and are working from a common code base.
} Microsoft estimates the merged platform will premier in 2 years.
} In January Gates said NT and 95 will be converged when RAM comes
} down 3-fold in price; and TI recently announced wholesale 4M DRAM
} prices fell from $12 to $6.50 - after three years, DRAM prices
} are falling again!
}
} Ron

I think you posted this to the wrong list.....

       Until later,       attmail!gamyers      ph  404.810.3250
       Geoffrey Myers                          fax 404.810.2487

       floc 6E26, 1200 Peachtree, Promenade II, Atlanta, GA 30309

      gamyers at attmail.com   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com