[ale] ATI 64 and X

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Mar 10 23:55:51 EST 1996

  A friend of mine is having a problem running X with his ATI Graphics
Expression 64.  He has a KFC GBVCA - 15 or 1502, and is trying to set
it at 800x600 resolution.  When he starts up X it pops into graphics
mode, and he can't shutdown the X server.  Ctrl-Alt-BS / + / - won't
work.  Then only thing that works is Ctrl-Alt-Del.  Does anyone have
any info on this card or maybe this setup?  He's run X before on
another card, but he didn't save the old Xconfig file! (I asked)

thanks again
charlie

							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
We have to believe in our free will: We have no choice in the matter.