[ale] setting up dial up

MYERS ufpsprod!gmyers at atlml1.attmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:15:02 EST 1996

Hey folks, I'm trying to set up my Linux box at home so I can dial in from
work.  I was able to set the modem register that says to answer and I enabled
the getty on ttyS0.  Now the problem is, the modem answers but I don't get
a login prompt.  So, what am I doing wrong, or where can I look in the
HOWTO's to get the answers.

Also, I want to be able to use the line for calling out too, but once I
started the getty, I couldn't dial out.  I know that in SVR3 UNIX there
was this horrible monster called uugetty that would allow this.  I'm hoping
that Linux has something that does the same thing, only better....  Any
suggestions??

       Until later,       attmail!gamyers      ph  404.810.3250
       Geoffrey Myers                          fax 404.810.2487

       floc 6E26, 1200 Peachtree, Promenade II, Atlanta, GA 30309

      gamyers at attmail.com   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com