[ale] dread at atlcom.net

R I Feigenblatt docdtv at tiger.avana.net
Wed Jun 19 14:25:34 EDT 1996

>It also has 8 usable slots (9 actually but one shared).  The main thing you
want to
>look for on a new Motherboard at this time is support for Universeral
Serial Bus(USB)
>support. This will be replacing com ports and parallel ports in the near
future and
>by next year this time all boards will be coming with USB. The ability to
connect
>64 devices to one port (printers,scanners,modems,drives,etc.) Transfer rate
is said
>to be over 5-10MB per second.

That reminds me about Fire Wire (IEEE 1394?), or as we say in the South,
Fahr Wahr.
In terms of speed, it is something like the successor to SCSI. Adaptec
amongst many
others (Apple, Microsoft) is promoting it. "Fire Wire" is an Apple
trademark, I think,
so people are still trying to devise a "sexy" generic alternative name.

I think the new PC Sony is shipping has USB.