[ale] IDE cdrom umount and eject

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.is.net
Tue Jun 18 21:51:53 EDT 1996

}I have IDE cdroms on my system at home and at work.  If I
}happen to hit the eject button before unmounting the cdrom
}successive umount commands give me a device busy error.
}I can't figure out how to force it to unmount so I end up
}rebooting eventually.

I've assumed that there is a new feature the later kernels.  That is, when
I have a cdrom mounted, my eject button does not eject.  Once I unmount it,
then it works.  Just an option, kernel upgrade????   Anyway, as everyone
knows, I haven't read all the docs with the new kernels, but those I have
read, I haven't seen any mention of this.  Anyone else experience this?

}Also, does anyone if there is an eject command for the IDE cdroms?
}I'd like to have a shell script that unmounts and ejects the cdrom
}then closes and mounts the new cdrom.  Any suggestions would be
}greatly appreciated, even if it's just the name of a FAQ.
}
}-Matt-
}end
}*********************************************************
}Please send return e-mail to:
}
}matthew at amelia.nas.nasa.gov
}
}Thanks,
}
}-Matt-

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....