[ale] Unstable Unstable Un%@#&stable

Andy dread at atlcom.net
Tue Jun 18 21:35:41 EDT 1996

ok guys here we go.  After finally getting the PPP to work, (real happy)
I decided to get Netscape 2.02. Well now I have more fixing to do.
Seems like I spend more time fixing something than using it. :(  When I
run nescape for anywhere between 5 minutes to 1 hour It hangs and takes
the whole system with it (or the X-Server anyway.) I get a
 Kernel Panic
 swapper: not syncing
 Stack overflow.

Then I bite my tongue and cold boot. Then I have to go cleanup inodes
all over the place.

I neve had any kinda problem like this before till I started using
netscape and ppp.

anyone know what could be causing this?
Also is there a way to make X-windows a little more fault tolerant. ie
when a program crashes than not take the server with it like Microsoft
Windows 3.1 does. I hate to say it but 95 doesn't crash when a program
crashes. There must be something I am not doing correctly why the server
crashes with the app.

		Thanx
			Andy