[ale] Certification

Thomas S Jackson tjack04 at emory.edu
Thu Jul 18 00:42:56 EDT 1996

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> Any ideas?

  Yes, actually.  The one thing that interests me in
  what you are suggesting is ALE activity.

  I must first recognize that I have yet to attend
  a single meeting or event.  Due to that fact, I have
  sat on my hands to prevent them from making suggestions
  when I don't really know what ALE composes besides the
  mailing list or the recent expo.

  However, you have moved my hands.  I'll speak foolishly
  in as gentle a way as I can manage.

  I would really like to see a local linux group make
  a noticeable contribution to the linux community
  in ways beyond the user support that this list teems
  with.

  In short, I'd rather put on my resume that I'm actively
  involved in an ongoing project that coordinates teams
  for software development for linux AND produces the
  software to show for it.

  Perhaps I'm being selfish because I've repeatedly
  abandoned linux software projects for lack of motivation
  or co-conspirator.  Perhaps ALE isn't what I was
  looking for when I subscribed to the list. Or perhaps
  I've kept silent too long?

	-- tsj

  P.S.  chris, please make your lines shorter... so I
  could have quoted relevant text without having it wrap