mimetype and mailcap

MYERS gmyers at ufpsprod.attmail.com
Tue Jan 23 12:56:41 EST 1996

I have been having a problem with mimetypes and mailcap with Netscape.
For example, I have the following entries:

mailcap:

image/*; xv %s

mime.type:

image/gif                      gif
image/ief                      ief
mage/jpeg                     jpeg jpg jpe
image/tiff                     tiff tif

Now I know that my preference file is being read and that some of the
mimetype/mailcap translations work because I have the Adobe Acrobat firing
up for pdf files.  Anytime I choose on an image file, it goes to the browser.
Any clues, suggestions?

       Until later,       attmail!gamyers      ph  404.810.3250
       Geoffrey Myers                          fax 404.810.2487

       floc 6E26, 1200 Peachtree, Promenade II, Atlanta, GA 30309

      gamyers at attmail.com   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com