[ale] configuring getty for dialOUT logins

The Wayward Mage fireeyes at gstv.gsu.edu
Fri Aug 2 05:10:08 EDT 1996

I'm trying to connect two linux computers via a serial cable and a null
modem.  I haven't a clue what's wrong, but it worked one time...then never
again.  The problem is simple...nothing happens.   I run minicom, and
thwap the enter key like a madman, but nothing shows up.  Sending a break
doesn't help, sending a hangup does nothing.  I have no idea what's wrong.
I know the server is fine because it works flawlessly in DOS/Windows, and
I had a login prompt one time in linux, but since then, nothing.  Can
someone send me a checklist of common problems or things I may have
overlooked?

Much thanks,

Michael