InfoMagic slackware installation: follow up

Stephen R. Wylie swylie at swylie.mindspring.com
Thu Jan 19 23:28:15 EST 1995

On Sat, 7 Jan 1995, Jim Dai wrote:

> Last night, using cdu31a kernel, I was able to install
> slackware from cdrom directly. I was very impressed
> by the whole process. Thanks for all the tips.
> JIm
> ----------
> Jim Dai     404-894-9139  404-894-2301(fax)

ok-

i'm recompiling my kernel right now [1.1.73] with scsi enabled and PAS16
scsi enabled [cdrom, hd, and generic support; no tape support]. i have
also selected the sony cdu31A/33A cd-rom drive option.
I'll boot the new kernel after the 49'ers game and see if my cd drive
works. my compile from 7am [right before going to sleep] didn't work. the
one line in my messages.log from the boot said that no hosts were found.
i'm not sure what i didn't do right then but i was getting real tired.

can anyone see what i missed? i'm thinking about getting the 1.1.77
kernel that linus just told us about. thanx again!

srw
Stephen R. Wylie                                     I'm in: Atlanta, GA
                                                     I surf with-> LINUX
Internet Email:                                    swylie at mindspring.com
                     "I'm your icecreamman; stop me when I'm passing by"