[ale] OT: Stable Diffusion

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Mar 20 11:12:30 EDT 2024

Timely question...
I was just looking at this article and considering trying out some of the software mentioned.

"How to run an LLM on your PC, not in the cloud, in less than 10 minutes"

https://www.theregister.com/2024/03/17/ai_pc_local_llm/?td=rt-4a

-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> William Bagwell via Ale <ale at ale.org> 03/20/2024, 09:02 AM >>>
Anyone here playing with it? Willing to throw me a bone or two? Worth
fooling with it with on a lowish* end rig?

Even where to go lurk and learn would be a welcome answer. Most of the
people I'm encountering on random forums are running SD on Bloze so full
of useless information such as "You *must* use an Nvidia card"

*Lowish end will be a huge step up from what I'm using now. Was following
Leam's "Back to new the desktop question" thread a year ago and buying
components. Never finished and now retired so have the time and need to
get the last few pieces before my money runs out. Can not afford a high
end GPU but 8 GB is well within my budget. Might be able to stretch to a
12.
--
William