[Ale-study] LPIC-1 possibilities

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Dec 24 11:06:20 EST 2013

Mike:

Ulteo would have multiple users accessing the same chroot'ed Ulteo core system via the OVD ("Open Virtual Desktop" for those who are unfamiliar with Ulteo).  I would not recommend such for any systems administration oriented class since Ulteo is meant to be an virtual desktop system like VMWare's VID.

What Linux ETC uses is a full on VPS oriented system where the instructor also has access to the individual systems to shadow and/or remote in as needed.  It has a web UI for the console (Java based) so the student's internet connectivity is the only potential "hang up" we have encountered to present date.  The LMS ("Learning Management System") used is not as intensive and also allows similar from the instructor perspective.

HTH.

--- Crawford
PS: I receive this list in Digest format.  Pardon any delays in responding in advance.

--
The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.