[ale] Bluetooth and Pipewire Sound Discoveries: 10/7/2026 7pm Eastern Daylight time

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Oct 6 15:05:21 EDT 2026


Hi all,

Where: GoLUG: https://meet.jit.si/golug
When: 10/7/2026 7pm Eastern Daylight time
      Arrive 15 minutes early for Microphone check & discussion
Who: Steve Litt, Troubleshooter, Developer, Tech Writer
What: Bluetooth Sound and Pipewire Discoveries

I bought a Bluetooth dongle for my Void Linux desktop computer and a
Bluetooth enabled portable radio to act as a Bluetooth speaker, and
threw away my worn out computer sound system. Now I can listen to my
tunes, playlists, and audio books at my desk, in the kitchen while
cooking, or in the back yard while swimming. Then, just for fun and to
run pipewire on VM guests, I switched my desktop from Pulseaudio to
Pipewire, which is easy on some distros but difficult on Void Linux,
giving me the opportunity to learn a little more about Pipewire.

Wednesday night I'll reveal some of the things I discovered while doing
some of this sound stuff. Even if you have a laptop with built-in
Bluetooth and run a Pipewire native distro, you'll learn some
interesting things about Linux sound.

Hope to see you there.

SteveT

Steve Litt 
GoLUG Publicity Coordinator
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: junk.png
Type: image/png
Size: 6136 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://mail.ale.org/pipermail/ale/attachments/20261006/ee88b885/attachment.png>


More information about the Ale mailing list