[ale] Cloning laptop drive didn't work

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat Apr 27 21:11:28 EDT 2024

I'm giving the cloning of the individual partitions a try but I have an
additional question:

Suppose I just recreate the partitions from scratch on the SSD as blank
partitions and then rsync the files from the old drive to the new drive
accordingly.  What's the appropriate incantations to have grub write the
boot sector on the SSD when it's currently sitting in another machine
that was being used to do the cloning/rsyncing?