[ale] I'm looking for a good shared hosting web host

William Bagwell william at alt-config.net
Mon Jul 3 19:13:39 EDT 2023

On Monday, July 03, 2023 06:46:01 AM Wayne via Ale wrote:
> We discussed this on the ALE LUG on Sunday and after further review I
> narrowed down the list to the following (in no particular order)...
>
> DreamHost
> SiteGround
> BlueHost
> A2Hosting
> HostGator
> NameCheap
> ProtonMail
> POBox

BlueHost and HostGator are both owned by EIG. If this does not bother
you, might also consider A Small Orange. Been with them nearly 20 years,
learned of them here on ALE. While service declined and prices went up
after they were bought out, have not personally had any of the bad
experiences I have read about with other hosts.

This page is a bit more balanced than some I have seen in the past,
 https://www.websiteplanet.com/blog/eig-hosting-brands-and-alternatives/
--
William