[ale] I'm looking for a good shared hosting web host

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Jul 3 09:04:27 EDT 2023

Just brought up a new system on Vultr.  Took a little negotiation to get SMTP in/out enabled (they are extremely anti-spam), but they enabled it. $5/month for more than I need.
$ inxi -bz
System:
   Kernel: 5.15.0-76-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Console: pty pts/2
     Distro: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
Machine:
   Type: Microsoft System: Vultr product: VC2 v: pc-q35-7.2 serial: <superuser required>
   Mobo: N/A model: N/A serial: N/A BIOS: Vultr v: N/A date: N/A
CPU:
   Info: single core Intel Core (Broadwell no TSX IBRS) [N/A] speed (MHz): 2394
Graphics:
   Device-1: driver: bochs-drm v: N/A
   Display: server: No display server data found. Headless machine? tty: 90x27
     resolution: 1280x800
   Message: GL data unavailable in console. Try -G --display
Network:
   Device-1: Red Hat Virtio network driver: virtio-pci
Drives:
   Local Storage: total: 25 GiB used: 7.2 GiB (28.8%)
Info:
   Processes: 135 Uptime: 2d 1h 17m Memory: 957.4 MiB used: 414.8 MiB (43.3%)
   Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.13

They did have a few addons enabled that I had to specifically disable. I can do my own backups and don't need the $1/month addon. Getting pulled backups working was about 90 seconds of effort.
I've put a Nebula Mesh onto it so I can host most things at home. Have a little more work before migrating DNS over.