[ale] Buwahahah!! Success!

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:21:09 EDT 2023

Heh heh.  I knew that you were an lvm Wizard. But I was determined not to
rope you into this.

I've actually got an old lvm root and old lvm swap partition on my Spinning
Rust drive.   I switched the swap over so as not to beat my poor little SSD
to bits ( tho at 32 gb I don't think I am actually using any swap).  I
could get rid of the old root partition and merge it into /home, but my
current /home is 432 gb and less than half filled. The /old_root is a big 9
gb.  Barely worth it IMNSHO, but I might get 'round to it just for the
edumacation value.  I fiddled with ext4 file system extension on the VM and
was properly impressed.

I've got a couple of metal parts on order to add to Piglet ( the ssd is
currently hanging on to the case by a single screw).  I kinda enjoy messing
with hardware.  This is the first mobo and processor I've bought new in a
long time. It's way overkill for my usage. But hey, I like having all that
computing muscle. Makes me think I am Badder than I really am. sensors(1)
shows everything loafing along at a maximum of 25C.

-- CHS