[ale] OT: vintage computer festival this weekend

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:06:44 EDT 2023

It's just a theoretical abstraction bordering on anomalous bad data :-)

"down by one" loosely translates to "add 2 more hobbies".

And if a new one requires more specialized tools.... Yay!

Making jewelry requires lots and lots of tools and parts and stones and
metals. Did you know there are over 100 different hand files used in
jewelry making? And the smaller they are the more they cost per inch. My
torch collection is up to 6 and varies between oxy-acetelene, oxy-propane,
and both fuels with air and I'm looking at an oxy-hydrogen torch and a very
tiny Tig welder. The laser welders are WAY off budget for a hobby.