[ale] Good Laptop for Linux these days

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Aug 2 20:29:03 EDT 2023

All,

What would be a good laptop for Linux these days?

I've had good luck in the past with Lenovo and Toshiba.  However, with
my most recent Lenovo it was impossibly difficult to replace the battery.

I'm not a gamer (or a password cracker) so I don't need lots of CPU power.

I do need WiFi, good size disk (or solid state), DVD burner, and
ability to watch movie DVDs, good keyboard action, and good size screen.
I'll have a trackball so touchpad/touchstick not too important if it
isn't in the way.

All thumbs up or down greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Bob