[ale] Revised GPG Howto

DJPfulio at jdpfu.com DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Jan 5 18:18:11 EST 2022

On 1/5/22 5:56 PM, Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
> Letsencrypt is an easy to use, moderately easy to set up process that
> will auto update an ssl cert provided you can add a text entry into
> your dns to prove ownership. Highly recommend!

I use LE certs, but manage it with the acme.sh bash script in standalone mode. Dynamically modifying DNS TXT records with my DNS provider isn't trivial and some internal-only websites are just easier to get the cert on an external site in 30 seconds every 81 days, them move to the real system that doesn't have internet access.

Lots of ways to skin the LE cert cat.