[ale] OT: failed SSD and Windows

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Tue Feb 8 16:26:09 EST 2022

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 9:35:33 AM CST Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
> I never reuse a drive that starts showing errors. Recipe for disaster. Drive
> replacement is easier than drive replacement plus data recovery.

Right. if you want to use in on a lab machine that you don't care about, do
that, else destroy it and throw it in the trash.

I was going to ask what brand SSD you have. Intel's are write-limited and
simply stop working at some point, while others are failure-prone (Corsair,
I'm still glaring at you from a decade ago).

--Joey

--
Joey Kelly
Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant