[ale] WM vs DE: was MXLinux install issues

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:00:33 EDT 2022

Anything more "user friendly" than card punch is nothing but bloatware. Interactive software is for lusers. Real computers suck power for breakfast and spit out programmers hopes and dreams for lunch. Computers are only useful for calculating ballistics. 64k is more than enough ram. Vi and emacs are for wimps. If you can't enter it perfect the first time, go back to crayons.

Old fart pissing wars get funnier every year.

Written with thumbs on a bloatware loaded android phone in a gui by an idiot who thinks it's still all really cool stuff.

Except for emacs. That's just a trash tool begging for a vi whoopin'.

On April 20, 2022 11:59:53 PM EDT, Steve Litt via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>DJPfulio--- via Ale said on Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:13:37 -0400
>
>>By my definition, anyone using a DE is running a bullshit distro.
>>Pure-WM or console only. Everything else just gets in the way of
>>productivity - especially KDE and Gnome or anything DE that used GTK
>>or Qt libs. Talk about bloat!
>
>DJPfulio,
>
>Did you put a transmitter in my brain to snoop on my thoughts? The
>preceding is something I certainly would have written.
>
>SteveT
>
>Void Linux + Openbox + dmenu + UMENU2

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool