[ale] nvidia-modeset kernel message

Dow Hurst dphurst at uncg.edu
Thu Oct 28 18:47:52 EDT 2021

Does anyone know what this kernel log message below means and why it is
appearing in the /var/log/kern.log file several times per minute? I have a
system76 galago pro galp5 running 20.04 PopOS! in the nvidia graphics mode.

"nvidia-modeset: WARNING: GPU:0: Correcting number of heads for current
head configuration (0x00)"

I've googled quite a bit and haven't found much of anything. I'm probably
using the wrong search terms due to lack of knowledge.

Sincerely,
Dow
⚛Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
       340 Sullivan Science Bldg.
       Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.
       University of North Carolina at Greensboro
       PO Box 26170 Greensboro, NC 27402-6170