[ale] Training recommendations

Stephen R. Blevins stephen.r.blevins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:28:50 EDT 2021

I have a friend that has just put up these YouTube videos that you might
find helpful.

Questions?  Feel free to ask.

Stephen R. Blevins
stephen.r.blevins at gmail.com

------------------------------

Hey, Steve, I hope you and Sherry are well!

After 13 years Google has finally published my Linux kernel class
publicly due to some efforts of a kind site reliability engineer who
found them helpful.   This might be esoteric but it's not deep in the
kernel, just below what you might consider "normal," and useful for
system admin.  I'm only passing it on in case you or someone you know
might find it interesting or useful.   Even though this is the 2.4
kernel, with some references to 2.6, I think nearly all of the content
is still be applicable today.

Even if you aren't interested in the Linux kernel, you might find video
4 on PC boot/start-up and and the first part of video 6 on TCP/IP
networking useful.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSIUOFhnxEiC3YTdxwqZqgEY5imVL8U8J

This was the second time I taught this class and it was given to data
center site operations technicians globally.  The "greybeard" idea had
nothing to do with me, that was my boss' idea.