[ale] [OT] Android /Apple App developers?

Venkateswara VP contact at vpv.io
Sun Nov 28 08:57:09 EST 2021

If we are writing new app across platforms, my recommnedation is to
write PWA - Prograssive Web Applications. These are new and are
straight away cross platform.  PWAs are simple web applications and
make use of new web standards like, datastore, service workers. Twitter
also has a wtitter lite that is pure PWA. This means we dont have to
install any native apps, just visit your site and the site becomes
offline on the device. When it gets chance to update from internet we
could pull data. The two big things are your clients must use latest
browser on their platform and your app should not depend on some native
features like proximity sensor, geofencing SMS and ambient lighting
etc.On the UP side, it is easy to build apps on these platforms. You
can choose Angular, Vue or React or even venila JS frameworks to build
your site.
To know what your browser can support visit https://whatwebcando.today/

Other links to read more on PWA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_web_applicationhttps://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Progressive_web_apps

Thanks,VenkatOn Fri, 2021-11-26 at 18:48 -0500, Michael Potter via Ale