[ale] okay, totally OT - free win 10 virus scan?

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Fri Nov 5 13:33:39 EDT 2021

Helping out a friend.

Win 10 computer shows signs of virus.  100% disk usage, but Task Manager
shows nothing eating up that much.

Resource Monitor shows many copies of OfficeClickToRun.exe.  googleation
suggest this be virus.  Which appears to make many copies of itself.

Thus it would appear that I should find a bootable anti-virus to scan
this computer.

Given I don't want to spend a major portion of my remaining life,
suggestions?   I've used ClamAV in the past.   I don't want to make
things worse by running a virus-scan which is itself a virus.

regards,

Neal