[ale] [ALE] So the winner is?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed May 26 00:50:17 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-20 15:00, DJ-Pfulio via Ale wrote:
> On 5/20/21 1:42 PM, Alex Carver via Ale wrote:
>> I've got an RPi 3 as my personal VPN server and it works just fine.
>> The setup time to establish the tunnel is a little slow but once it's
>> up it moves right along with almost no load.  Now if you meant a VPN
>> server for a large user base then I would agree with that.
>
> What sort of throughput does 1 user get? 20 mbps or 300 mbps?
> Depends on what is considered acceptable, I suppose.

Considering I can't go faster than the slowest side of my DSL
connection, I don't get much speed directly.  But it's certainly enough
to actually have a decent flow.  If I do something asymmetric in the
better DSL direction (like transfer an image from phone to server), I
can push near max of my DSL connection (25 Mbps).