[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: xfs vs. ext4

Allen Beddingfield allen at ua.edu
Fri May 14 13:39:33 EDT 2021

We use XFS almost exclusively.  When SUSE started pushing BtrFS a few years back, we rolled out a few systems with that, and quickly just went back to XFS for everything.  Anecdotal point of data:  We had two events where we lost storage connectivity to our 1500+ VM VMware setup.  In both cases, not a single XFS system had a problem.  All the ext3 and ext4 systems had to have some sort of attention, and one BtrFS system was not repairable.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer