[ale] Static DHCP Addresses? Any reason to Avoid?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:57:24 EDT 2021

MAC:
Master
Access
Control

The glassy-eyed legions of Jobsians that converged on the Mac store eager to buy the latest upgrade were not unlike cicadas emerging on schedule for the mandatory mating ritual of exchanging their time at work for shinier keyboards and screens having fallen into discontent with last years version now spoiled with only their fingerprints and quickly forgotten love on command and schedule.

On June 12, 2021 10:26:29 AM EDT, Neal Rhodes via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Sorry, I learned a LONNNNNNNNNNNG time ago not to argue with people
>about religion.  As Jason Isbell says, "might just as well teach a dog
>new card trick".
>

>On 2021-06-12 02:20, Steve Litt via Ale wrote:
>
>> As far as the MAC guys, tell them you don't like having to send your
>> computer back to the manufacturer for 6 weeks when its battery goes
>> bad. :-)
>>
>> SteveT
>>
>> Steve Litt
>> Spring 2021 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques of the
>Successful
>> Technologist http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool