[ale] Slightly OT: Thrilled with 4AllMemory.com replacement

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:52:29 EDT 2021

My first 16M dimm was deal of the month $499. The second was $79 a mere 14 months later. The third one, 16 months later was free with a $50 scanner.

I've had really good customer service from MicroCenter. BestBuy is at the opposite end of that spectrum. I won't set foot in there ever again.

I don't like to think about what I've spent on hardware over the years. I could be in a far larger house. The old saying "every computer I want is $5000" is no longer true for me. The last time I spec'ed out a box for me it was nearly $14k! Ok. So rackmount servers are overkill with dual Epyc CPUs and a total boat load of RAM, NVME, and a V100. But it's what I want!

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool