[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: Monitoring Solutions

Allen Beddingfield allen at ua.edu
Wed Feb 24 18:48:43 EST 2021

I am a firm believer that monitoring should be set up and managed by the same people who who set up and manage the servers being monitored.
We had a brief attempt at implementing a one size fits all, centrally deployed system.  It was a mess.  When you try to generalize too much, you get a design similar to a spork!
Currently, we have a monitoring system that the Windows team manages that meets their needs, Zabbix for the Linux world, and the networking team uses something that better meets their needs.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer
allen at ua.edu