[ale] Stupid smart phone

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Mon Dec 13 15:28:02 EST 2021

Well that's what I do now.  I have a small Ubiquiti EdgeRouter inline
with the TV that rewrites the NTP packets to redirect them to my NTP
server but it blocks all other outgoing packets.  The clock works fine
this way, but I can't use any other network feature of the TV like
Miracast.  I'd have to do much finer surgery and MITM work to see if I
can get that working while still blocking the phone-home packets.

They hardcoded the NTP servers, too, so it ignores what my DHCP server
supplies hence the need to rewrite packets with the EdgeRouter.