[ale] Is there anything better than GoDaddy

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Fri Aug 6 12:50:42 EDT 2021

Anyone is better than Go Daddy (except Network Solutions), IMO.

enomcentral.com has been my wonderful registrar for almost 20 years
as soon as I was allowed to break from Network Solutions.  (I've
used Go Daddy for a client and it was a miserable experience.)

They used Linux DNS servers geographically distributed, based in
Redmond, and always has had WONDERFUL and quick-to-answer
customer service.  They even had the integrity to back me when I
refused to release a domain to a customer with a large delinquent bill.
(I had to be clever because there are some Internet-wide restrictions
on refusing to release.) I can't say enough good about them.

enomcentral.com then created enom.com for those doing lots of domains
and I created an account as being cheaper than a retailer than end
user.  If you have a lot of domains to register use enom.com instead
of enomcentral.  (enom.com now recommends hover.com for registering
individual domains and I've had no problem but I've had limited
experience with hover.)

YMMV

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Retired from Quality Linux & UNIX security and SysAdmin & software
   consulting since 1990.
Retired from Quality spam and virus filters.