[ale] Worst contract job

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Apr 30 23:42:03 EDT 2021

Not all contracts are bad. I've worked on a number of butts-in-seat contacts and while they were "work", so every day wasn't roses, they weren't bad and were very rewarding.  Rewarding both in the technology, service to the country and even financially.

Smart contractors get paid more and get parking paid. Paying for parking is something I hate. Forget about paid time off.  Build that into your rate, so the client doesn't see it directly. On a contract with good compensation, you'll happily take 6 weeks off, unpaid, yearly. Live below your means. Be the millionaire who drives a used car, packs lunch from home 4 days a week, and doesn't drink $4 coffee.