[ale] How would you ....

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 07:34:43 EDT 2021

Nice.

I was going to suggest a linux-based pxe boot that auto runs dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sd[[:alpha:]] to ensure the drives are encrypted. Windows admins don't let me get near their systems any more.

Fuzzy memory. There's a tool I used many years ago for pulling data like this from windows systems in a large corp environment using a shared AD password. Network tool on Linux that connected to a port.... auth happens.... request variable values... something. I used it to pull names and versions of all install software but it could pull anything known by the windows box. Dang. Can't remember the tool name. I'll look.

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool