[ale] [ALE] OT Sort of

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Tue Apr 13 11:53:56 EDT 2021

Compiling aside, what about actually acquiring the distribution to install
it. I remember back in the day having to use the 300 baud acoustic modem
with the 1200 baud turbo switch to download the SLS disk images that had to
then be copied via dd to the "3D printed save icons" (so the younger
generation can understand) overnight. Or not knowing if the device your
computer had installed would even work with that 0.99 kernel after you
compiled it all night long.