[ale] USB keyboard with retro layouts?

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Thu Sep 17 18:18:29 EDT 2020

I'm mostly a Commodore user so limited experience with the other
emulators.  I usually use the VICE (or WinVICE) emulator for Commodore
shenanigans. VICE remaps the C64 keyboard to my PC keyboard so I don't have
to push the key and figure out what Commodore character is there. Granted I
don't get to see the cool graphical characters on the front-side of the
key. Keycaps today are not very tall so putting a sticker on the key is not
an option. I have considered building a Pi-C64 and using the Keyrah V2 (
https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/produkt-details/product/keyrah-v2.html)
interface so that I could use a real C64 keyboard.  I haven't done it yet
because I have working C64's and spare parts. :)

/Raj W.