[ale] [OT] A frightening thing

Calvin Harrigan calvin.harrigan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:28:41 EDT 2020

This auto start/monitoring feature is the main reason why I've never
adopted Chrome as a browser or even have it installed on my computers.
I tried chrome when it first came out.  I noticed that it ran
continuously even when closed.  I tried to track down how/where it was
registry, services, etc.  I couldn't find it at first.  I eventually
found it buried deep in the system in where things like virus
scanners/etc resided.  I was disturbed enough, that I not only
uninstalled it, I reinstalled windows and vowed, never again. That was a
little over 10 years ago.