[ale] Where have all the computer stores gone

Tim Yoder yoder44 at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 17 22:53:40 EDT 2020

It was closer to Radio Shack than a seller of computers, but I really
miss Ack Electronics, which used to be at 554 Deering Road in Atlanta.
If you were running co-ax cable or CAT-5e/6 cable (by the foot or by the
roll) or needed connectors or cover plates or tools, that was the place
to get it.  They did lots of business with Georgia Tech; then Amazon put
a shipping center right on Tech's campus a couple of years ago, and that
was the end of Ack Electronics.

For people who live near Emory University, there's a great little place
called Trend Technology at Clairemont and North Decatur, which I highly
recommend.  The owner's name is Sukru, and he's always given me good
advice and sold me quality stuff when I've been in the market for used
computers or needed to upgrade components for my existing equipment.