[ale] Backup software incompatible versions

DJ-Pfulio DjPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue May 19 14:44:21 EDT 2020

it seems like a failure from the rdiff-backup team to consider
non-trivial situations. A dependent librsync1 seems to be missing to
support the older python2-based version on newer releases, so the quick
solution to just move the older rdiff-backup code to the new release
isn't working.

Haven't looked into getting the librsync code and compiling myself.
Hope it doesn't have many dependencies, though libssh would be
expected.
Just built librsync-0.9.7. No issues.  Moving on to the next step.

At least my fresh 20.04 install has python2.7 pre-installed.