[ale] Mint 19.3 Mate HDMI Settings

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Wed Mar 25 21:26:11 EDT 2020

At first glance, that sounds like the default display for the 2nd monitor when the display is extended, instead of mirrored.  Is there another display on this computer, such as a laptop built-in screen?  If that's true, you should be able to see your usual controls on the primary screen, plus moving the cursor far enough (usually to the right, but could be left, up or down) will let you see that as well.

I don't have a MATE system handy to test, but does ctl-alt-t usually bring up a terminal window for you?  That might be worth a try.

If it's an extended screen and you want a mirrored one, you'll need to change the display settings.... On xfce, the program you want is called xfce4-display-settings, and it's located in the menu as Settings -> Display.  I've also seen systems that call it 'Settings -> Monitor'; not sure on MATE/Cinnamon.