[ale] ALE meeting location

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Mon Mar 16 12:23:45 EDT 2020

Bear in mind that one is not accepting the risk for themselves, also
consider that one is accepting the risk of spreading it to others and using
resources that could be allocated to other people.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:01 AM Stephen R. Blevins via Ale <ale at ale.org>
wrote:

> While I, for myself (I, too, am old enough to be Grandpa), am willing to
> accept the risk, not everyone else is.  Just let me know if it's
> Melton's or a URL. I'll try to be there.
>
> Stephen R. Blevins
> stephen.r.blevins at gmail.com
>
> On 3/16/20 10:03 AM, Sean Kilpatrick via Ale wrote:
> > But I AM Grandpa.
> > I believe there is a fundamental difference between Existence and Life.
> > Hiding in a cave, afraid of nearly every living thing, is Existing, NOT
> > Living.
> > For me, sharing a beer with a friend is far less risky than paddling an
> > open canoe down the roughest white water east of the Colorado River,
> > which I have done many times.
> > Sean
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 11:22 PM Steve Litt via Ale <ale at ale.org
> > <mailto:ale at ale.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 16:01:41 -0400
> >     Sean Kilpatrick via Ale <ale at ale.org <mailto:ale at ale.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     > suggest that we meet instead at 8 pm at Melton's.  :)
> >
> >     The CDC just banned meetings over 50 people, to slow the spread of
> this
> >     virus so as to keep peak usage within the capabilities of our
> >     healthcare system. At this point, physical public meetings of any
> size
> >     are ill advised.
> >
> >     We're lucky we live in an era where, one way or another, we can meet
> >     online. Out of respect to the old and frail within the society, I
> think
> >     we should take advantage of online meeting capabilities.
> >
> >     Nobody wants to be responsible for killing Grampa.
> >
> >     SteveT
> >
> >     Steve Litt
> >     March 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
> >     http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb

Michael Potter
  Tapp Solutions, LLC
   www.tappsolutions.com