[ale] Hardware available

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:25:36 EST 2020

Is any of that stuff still available?  Or am I a day late and a dollar
short again?   If it's still around, is it possible for me to come up and
take a gander at what you've got?

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 5:59 AM Leam Hall via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I wish I was somewhere near you. Sounds like this would make a great
> testing lab! I'd encourage those of you nearby to grab the hardware as fast
> as you can, contact whatever open source projects you love, and see how to
> build test bed servers. With so many projects critically short on people
> and resources, even setting up a couple of servers to download the code and
> run regression tests would help.
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 9:27 PM Jeremy T. Bouse via Ale <ale at ale.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Solomon,
>>
>> The 2U and 4U systems are mostly just generic rackmount cases. I acquired
>> most and simply gutted and rebuilt with new mobo/etc as needed. Speaking of
>> mobo I do have a couple of extras as well including at least one AMD 64 bit
>> Athalon I believe and an old dual Intel board but not sure which processor
>> off hand. I do have a couple of old HP PA-RISC systems I used for
>> supporting some Debian package builds over the years. I have a pair of
>> SunFire V100 1U systems as well I picked up at one point and have
>> never used them. I have a 14 bay Dell PowerVault 2205 but don't recall if
>> it has any drives. I have a box with 5-6 new SCSI drives still sealed in
>> bags that I got but not sure if they were for that or not.
>>
>> As I mentioned in another post I'll have to pull them out and hook up to
>> power and monitor to POST to get all the specs on them.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 3:39 PM Solomon Peachy <pizza at shaftnet.org>
>> wrote:

>>> several
>>> think I
>>> 7'x22"x22"
>>>
>>> Might be helpful to describe the details/specs of those 1U/2U/4U
>>> systems..
>>>
>>>  - Solomon
>>> --
>>> Solomon Peachy                         pizza at shaftnet dot org
>>> High Springs, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^
>>> Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can
become great.”

― Mark Twain