[ale] [OT] Inbound web access using pfSense

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Jun 30 08:20:22 EDT 2020

I'm afraid of using http/https for any admin access over the internet. Would rather not trust DNS and/or Cert providers since those have been spoofed by authoritative govts for decades.

I would never allow Windows to be directly accessible over the internet. It always requires a 'hop' on the LAN to get to any Windows system.

Plus, there are lots of easy ways to have remote access into a Linux system, then run a remote desktop from it to the Windows system.  x2go is pretty easy AND fast.

When it comes to remote access - either ssh, ssh-tunnels or a full VPN are it. Let's raise the bar just a little beyond - I have a web browser - for the attackers.

IMHO.