[ale] Ultra cheap tablet discussion. Are they useful or can they be made useful?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:39:06 EDT 2020

I'm fond of my Rooted and re-imaged Amazon Fire.  Rooting these devices is
tricky, as Amazon actively works against you.  Best advice I can give is to
research software versions and rooting methods, then buy the right one from
Swappa.com or someplace.  Whatever you do, don't install OTA updates.

-- CHS
]