[ale] Ultra cheap tablet discussion. Are they useful or can they be made useful?

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 21:55:47 EDT 2020

The Amazon's 7 inch tablet should have good hardware. It is cheap but you
have to root it. There is plenty info on the web's.

>From my experience once you put Google account on the cheapo tablet and
that makes it gradually slowing down to crawling speeds.

The more ram the better. I have an old one with single core and 1GB ram and
works faster than supposedly 4 core with 512 MB. Yes I have bought all
kinds of junk

But without updates becomes obsolete.

So much disposable hardware nowdays.