[ale] Alternative phone operating systems?

James Taylor james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Jun 16 02:21:30 EDT 2020

I have used Lineage relatively recently, but I usually go with customized versions of the vendor rom.
They normally have better driver support for the individual phone model hardware.
It will vary depending on the brand and model phone and whether there is a committed developer base for that model.
As was mentioned in another response, ida-developers is essential if you want to do any kind of modding.
I’ve mostly stuck with OnePlus phones recently, and they allow unlocking an rooting without voiding your warranty. This means there is strong support for custom rooms for them.
-jt