[ale] Wifi extenders?

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:11:48 EDT 2020

Absolutely this. I've been using these for several projects and I've had
excellent results.

The 1960's house I live in has some patched up wiring from several
expansions. I get speed that is close to router port fast from my
powerline adapters.

My go-to is currently the TP-Link AV600 starter kit. It gets me dual
ethernet and WiFi.

For about $60 it's difficult to go wrong.

On 6/10/2020 9:45 AM, Pete Hardie via Ale wrote:
> I've used powerline extenders to good effect.
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 10:19 AM Jeffrey Layton via Ale <ale at ale.org
> <mailto:ale at ale.org>> wrote:
>
>     Good morning!
>
>     I live in an older, large, all brick house where the outside walls
>     are thick and there are a fair number of walls I can't move :)  My
>     wifi router is in the kitchen on the main floor. In the bedrooms
>     upstairs the coverage is spotty. My office is in the basement and
>     the signal is OK, but not always great.
>
>     In the past, in previous homes, I have used something like the
>     following,
>
>     https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-EX2700/dp/B00L0YLRUW?th=1
>

>     It worked fine, but my question is, can you use more than one of
>     these in the same house? I was thinking about putting one in the
>     basement near my office and one upstairs near the bedrooms. Looking
>     at the answers on line, someone says you can, but I've never tried it.
>
>     Alternatively, I'm looking at the following:
>
>     https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074F3M2W8/ref=emc_b_5_t
>
>     To improve wifi coverage upstairs and use one of the little ones in
>     the basement near or in my office.
>
>     Any comments or recommendations?
>
>     Thanks a million!
>
>     Jeff

> Pete Hardie
> --------
> Better Living Through Bitmaps

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss