[ale] Well, this is More Fun than I thought

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:32:59 EDT 2020

Yeh.  Debian FTW.  Switched my video driver from Nourveau to the evil
proprietary nvidia legacy 390xx driver for my $50 video card, and now when
I walk away and come back, the video mode stays the same through the lock
screen.  Nouveau for some reason switched it to something that shrunk the
display area dramatically and made type almost illegible, even on
ctrl-alt-fnkey screens. I fiddled with various desktop settings to fix that
to no avail.

For my next trick, I am considering buying an AMD card to replace the
current one. Micro Center has one on sale for, like, $135.  Having a little
trouble deciding if installing and playing with it will provide $135 worth
of Fun, Ihowever.   I don't Game at all and my monitor setup consists of a
single VGA flat-screen ganked out of someone's junk pile, so all those
extra Benchmark numbers and that awesome video compute power is kind of
wasted on me.

-- CHS